||2-3 Work Days
Designed to enhance your coffee drinking experience, the Brikka is equipped with a special patented valve that regulates just the right amount of pressure, producing the perfect froth every time.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all labels and packaging.
- Hand wash all parts with warm water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Make 2-3 pots of coffee to season the pot. Follow to use instructions below for each cycle.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit bottom of pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place pot on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, a small amount of coffee will trickle out and then you will hear a puffing noise. The froth will form in 3-4 seconds.
- When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove.
- Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalise all the different coffee layers for optimum flavour.
- Wash by hand with warm water.
- Dry thoroughly with towel.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products.
- Use coffee ground specifically for a moka coffee maker. Don't use too fine ground coffee.
- Periodically check the funnel, the filter plate and the washer for wear. Over time, they may need to be replaced.
- Never use the pot without water.
- Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder or instant coffee as it will clog the filter plate.
- If the heat is too high, coffee may have a burnt taste. Getting the optimum temperature for brewing may take some trial and error.
- Store coffee grounds in airtight container, away from sunlight.
- Use filtered water for best coffee flavour.