Got an automatic attraction? Then look into Kershaw's Launch 1. This automatic knife features CPM154 blade steel, a strong opening kick, and is made-in-the-USA at Kershaw’s Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility.
The CPM154 powdered metallurgy blade steel has more uniform distribution of carbides—so it takes and holds an excellent edge. It also provides good corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and toughness. The blade is finished with Kershaw's BlackWash finish for rough-and-tumble good looks and an additional measure of blade protection.
To lighten the Launch 1's weight, the handles are durable anodized aluminum and are contoured to fit snugly in the hand.
The Launch 1 opens with a push button, which is recessed so that it is level with the flat of the handle. This is a safety feature and makes it harder for the knives to accidentally deploy. Nevertheless, automatic knives are dangerous and should be handled with extreme caution in all circumstances.
The Launch 1's pocketclip is left/right reversible.
- Push-Button Lock - Found on the Kershaw Folding Saw, It locks the saw blade open during use, then releases with the push of a button.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.4" (8.6 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.4" (11.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 8" (20.3 cm)
- Blade Steel: CPM-154, Black-Oxide BlackWash Finish
- Handle Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Weight: 3.9 oz. (113 g)
- Made in USA